The department has developed to become a centre of excellence by providing technical knowledge in computer science with computer facilities and dedicated faculty. A diploma in Computer Science is a three years long course that makes student well equipped with design and development of personal computers, as well as programming languages and software.
It is one of the best institutes offering Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering in Himachal Pradesh. The Computer Science department teaches the necessary computer skills, develops the ability to solve complex problems, and fosters innovation and creativity. A hands-on, project-based approach helps you develop the technical and transferable skills you need for a fulfilling career.
Objective of the course is to provide training to the potential candidates to become IT professional. Introduction to different new concepts for engineering studies will be provided which will be backbone for their career.
The curriculum is a mix of traditional and innovative. It is updated regularly to meet the growing demands and changing trends of the software industry and research institutions. Major subjects include programming languages, computer architecture, system software, network technology, and artificial intelligence.
Diploma holders are prepared to be employed in IT industries and be engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas and to also take up Masters/Research programmers. They are responsible to be computing professionals in their own area of interest. Most of the students, who pursue diploma from the department, end up taking leading positions in industry, academia, and government in both India and abroad. . Diploma in Computer Science offers job roles in both private and public sectors in range of roles such as technical writer, software developer, system analyst, etc.
Concepts of programming, CorelDraw, PageMaker, Photoshop, Visual Basic, Java, PHP, Web Development Oracle, and other topics are covered in diploma. Programmers think beyond the box and do much more than just write code. They design, invent, and solve issues.
- Ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer based systems.
- Ability to apply the engineering knowledge in all domains, viz., health care, banking and finance, other professions such as medical, law, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively the engineering solution to customers/users or peers.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to analyze the problem, subdivides into smaller tasks with well-defined interface for interaction among components, and complete within the specified time frame and financial constraints.
- Ability to propose original ideas and solutions, culminating into a modern, easy to use tool, by a larger section of the society with longevity.
COMPUTER SCIENCE SUBJECT PLANS